This super easy turkey chili is on weekly rotation in my home from the beginning of fall until the end of winter. It’s so simple and perfectly seasoned for a hearty, healthy, busy mama meal. And the best part is – if you let the kids add their own toppings, it will easily become a family favorite.
This is one of the recipes that still brings my adult children home. Try pairing it with these yummy sweet corn fritters.
I hope they come home, drop a bag of laundry and gather around your table.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 14.5 oz. can crushed fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large stock pot until hot. Add onions and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Add ground turkey and cook, stirring frequently to break up pieces, until cooked through.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper; stir well. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, and kidney beans. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with garnish, as desired.
garnish: sliced avocado, fire-roasted corn, cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced jalapeno, tortilla chips, or fresh lime