Grilled lemon chicken salad has me feeling like the sunshiny days of Summer. This quick, healthy recipe will have dinner on the table in no time and the whole family will love it!
This is the perfect Grilled Lemon Chicken recipe – And one of my favorite Summer grilling recipes.
SIMPLE. You need a few of the simplest ingredients to make this grilled lemon chicken recipe. And most of them are probably always on hand in your kitchen.
QUICK. No long marinade times, this grilled lemon chicken salad comes together in less than 20 minutes.
FLAVORFUL. Despite being such a quick & easy recipe, this chicken has amazing flavor that will make you feel like summer has already arrived.
VERSATILE. My favorite recipes are versatile, family favorites & this grilled lemon chicken will totally be the star. You can eat it on its own with your favorite summery sides, or use it to add a little goodness to your favorite salads, bowls, or pastas.
Despite being so quick & simple, this grilled lemon chicken is quickly become a weeknight fave here in our home. It’s an embarrassingly easy recipe that is just so good that I wanted to share it in its own dedicated blog post so you can find your own ways to make it your own.
I’m pretty sure that as soon as you and the family try it, you’ll fall in love, too!
Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad
- 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 tbsp. oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts around 5oz each
- 8 oz. asparagus
- 8 green onions trimmed
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 4-6 cups Arugula
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grate lemon rinds to equal 2 teaspoons, then halve the lemons and set aside. Combine lemon peel, oregano, oil, and garlic in a large bowl. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and toss to cover.
- Place the chicken and halved lemons on a baking tray inside the heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and browned. Wait until slightly cooled then chop the chicken.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small pan over medium heat and cook the asparagus and green onions for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Cut asparagus and green onions into 2-inch pieces.
- Divide the arugula over plates and top with asparagus and green onions. Drizzle with white wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken and lemon halves.