I love a good leftover come back and these Sweet corn fritters are always a hit. Busy mamas – leftovers are your friend – And if you don’t tell them, they will never know!
Corn leftovers are not what they are asking for? Try these delicately light and crispy sweetcorn fritters, with bits of juicy sweet corn explosions. You probably already have all the simple ingredients in your kitchen.
This recipe is…
SIMPLE. You only need a few of the simplest ingredients to make this sweetcorn fritter recipe. And most of them are probably always on hand in your kitchen.
QUICK. They whip up in 10 minutes or less.
FLAVORFUL. Despite being such a quick & easy recipe, this leftover sweetcorn recipe has amazing flavor that the whole family will love.
LEFTOVERS. I love leftovers that can be made into a new family favorite the next day. Especially when the family doesn’t know that they are eating leftovers.
Shhh… I won’t tell if you don’t!
If you grow sweet corn in your garden – at the end of the Summer try shucking the cobs and freeze the kernels to make this delicious recipe all year. We love to pair them with easy turkey chili.
- 9.8 oz. can organic sweetcorn, drained
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, chopped you can substitute fresh coriander or cilantro
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 cup all purpose flour you can substitute whole wheat flour or buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 4 tsp. coconut oil
- 1. Place the sweetcorn in a large bowl. Add the chopped coriander and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper taste.
- 2. Next, add in the flour and water and mix well until smooth.
- 3. Heat 2 tsp. of the coconut oil in a large non-stick pan on high heat. Once the pan is hot, ladle in the mixture. Cook the fritters two batches of 4, or divide the oil accordingly if your pan is not big enough (½ tsp. of oil per 1 fritter).
- 4. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. The batter makes 8 medium sized fritters.